The 21st Century Academic: Smart, Savvy and Social, by Professor Ginny Barbour - Workshop, Activities, Demos and Networking
In this joint workshop, Prof Barbour together with Flinders’ College and Research Librarians will present on:
- Open access in Australian Universities
- Open access at Flinders University
- Data, software, OERs, IP, & bibliometrics considerations
The session includes:
- Demonstration in ResearchNow – Flinders’ new research information management system.
- Activities & networking
The AOASG is a national leader in open access scholarly communications particularly in advocacy, collaboration, and building capacity with Australian and New Zealand to advance open access. Professor Barbour has a distinguished career in publishing and academia in addition to her internationally renowned open access advocacy work.
Prof Barbour is the former Chair of the Committee on Publication Ethics
, former Chief Editor of PLOS Medicine, former Medicine and Biology Editorial Director PLOS
and former Medicine Editorial Director PLOS
and former Senior Editor of the Lancet.
Type of course
Who should attend
What you will learn
- Open access international & local perspectives
- ResearchNow & Flinders University environments
- Data, software, OERs, IP & bibliometrics considerations
- Networking opportunities
Prerequisites / assumed knowledge