Research Engagement and Impact at Flinders - An Overview
Consisting of two parts this session explains research engagement and how our research is making a difference.
An information session will cover:
- What is engagement and impact? An introduction to concepts and definitions.
- Why is there a focus on engagement and impact?
- The current research environment
- What does engagement and impact mean at Flinders?
- Why external relationships are important to researchers - more than just money
A discussion panel will provide a peer-learning opportunity focusing on:
- Case studies and narratives that describe how research has made a difference to policy. the community and industry
- Designing impactful research
- Recognising research impact
Speakers and panel members include:
- Professor John Spoehr, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Research Impact)
- Professor Jennifer Teiman, Caresearch Director, CNHS
- Professor Fran Baum, Director, Southgate Institute, CMPH
- Professor David Lewis, Director, Flinders Nanotechology, CSE
- Professor Tracey Wade, Matthew Flinders Distinguished Professor, CEPSW
- Professor Michael Tsianikas, CHASS
- Associate Professor Bibi Sangha, CBGL
- Sarah Walsh, Director of Marketing, OCME
- Ben Jacobs, RDS
Flinders' Research Community based in rural and remote locations will be able to access and participate in the session.. Please indicate if you are from a rural or remote location when enrolling or contact Kirsty de Ruyter at email@example.com
Type of course
College of Business, Government and Law
Who should attend
- Early Career Researchers
- Mid-Career Researchers
- Established Researchers
- Research Leaders
- Research Support staff